Elgin Academy Parent Association (EAPA)
The Office of Development oversees the Elgin Academy Parent Association (EAPA). As parents of EA students, you are automatically members of EAPA.
Our Parent Association has three major goals:
- to promote Academy unity,
- to encourage parent understanding of Academy objectives,
- to enable parents to be of service to the school.
All parents are invited to attend the meetings and join the activities of EA's Parent Association. (See Meeting Schedule below)
*EAPA nominations for 2013-2014 are now open. Click here for a description of the positions and for the nominations form.
EA's Parent Association President
EA's Parent Association President-Elect
Ways and Means Chair
Early Childhood Co-VPs
Connie Beller | Gina Pawlisch
Lower School Co-VPs
Jeff Davis | Jane Egan
Middle School Co-VPs
Maura Knight | Vicki Manning
Upper School Co-VPs
Christie Jaworski | Sharyn Romano
All meetings are held in the EAPA meeting room, Sears Hall, lower level at 8:30 a.m., on the following dates:
- (No December Meeting)
EAPA Meeting Minutes
- Please see this page for the archive of all meeting minutes for the year.
- President: The president will chair all meetings and serve as the ex-officio member of Elgin Academy's Board of Trustees.
- Vice Presidents: Each division of EA has a VP who works both with the president and the room representatives. It is the VP's responsibility to coordinate activities in their division throughout the school year.
2012-2013 Vice Presidents
Early Childhood Education (PS-PK): Connie Beller | Gina Pawlisch
Lower School (Grades K-4): Jane Egan | Jeff Davis
Middle School (Grades 5-8): Maura Knight| Vicki Manning
Upper School (Grades 9-12): Sharyn Romano | Christie Jaworski
Class Representatives (also know as room reps): Class reps maintain frequent contact with the division VP and the classroom teacher or faculty advisor for that grade, in order to provide Parent Association assistance when needed. They encourage and enable each parent to be involved with activities which assist the school. Class reps are the primary helpers to the teachers for special projects, excursions, and parties. Some specific duties include:
- Early Childhood - Reps provide assistance with coordination of Parent Orientation, Class-room activities and all-school events.
- Lower School - Reps provide assistance with coordination of Parent Nights, Immersion activities, and all-school events.
- Middle School - Reps provide assistance with special programs such as the Biographers' Tea, planning the reception after 8th Grade Graduation (7th Grade parents), and organizing the 8th Grade Dinner (8th Grade parents).
- Upper School- Reps provide assistance with Honors Night and Commencement, and call on parents to chaperone and help with activities as well as coordinating class dinners for parents.
EAPA Volunteer Opportunities
Event Volunteers: Each special event has a chair and committee whose duties are to make arrangements for refreshments, decorations, and service at the activity. They will bake or bring snacks to functions, attend to setting up tables with appropriate decorations, and in general coordinate all aspects of the event for which they are responsible. Specific duties will be discussed with each committee member. Online version of the 2012-2013 EAPA Parent Volunteer Survey
EAPA Fundraising Activities
The fundraising projects sponsored by the Parent Association pay for special activities and purchases, such as new playground equipment for the Lower School, a new mini-bus, new signs for campus buildings, and furniture and carpeting for the cafeteria. The Parent Association has also funded faculty enrichment activities during the summer. Every year the Association purchases needed equipment chosen from a "Wish List" compiled by the faculty and administration.
Jenn Brown and Liz Petropoulos, Chairs
Market Day offers Elgin Academy families the opportunity to purchase quality food products through the school each month. Each order generates at least 10% profit for our school. Order pick-up is scheduled one Wednesday a month from 2:00-3:00 p.m. in the Parent Association Room in the basement of Sears Hall (Middle School building).
EASY $ is a year round program through which you purchase scrip good at area or online stores and restaurants. Elgin Academy receives a percent (2% - 20%) of what you spend directly from the participating vendors. Many cards are available in stock. Have you taken the EASY$ CHALLENGE?
Script Order Form - Paper
Manna Monthly Bonus List
EASY$ Online Ordering
Each school year gift wrap is sold by the students in September/October. The Parent Association receives 50% from each item sold! Products include decorative paper, bows, bags, tissue, labels, and more! Gift and food items are also available.
In May, the Parent Association sells a variety of annuals and perennials from local growers. Profits from this sale are used to purchase gifts for the faculty and staff.
Extravaganza Phone: 847.695.0309, ext. 257
Details for EA's annual dinner auction can be viewed [here].
EAPA Parents' Online Directory
Vicki Manning, Coordinator
Varsity Store Phone: 847.695.0309, ext. 234
Thanks to EA's Parent Association, we are pleased to offer the Elgin Academy Parents' Online Directory. You can access the Directory now by clicking [here
Once logged in you can:
- Search the directory by name (parents, students)
- Search by grade or teacher/advisor
- Search by Postal Code (great for car pools)
- Update online your street address, phone numbers, or e-mail
Also, Division VP’s, Class Reps, and Event Chairs can broadcast to their group of parents - saving a lot of time on making phone calls! All parents with an e-mail address will receive periodic updates and news of upcoming events from the School. It is faster and less expensive than postal mail.
This online directory serves as the most current version of the Orange Book. It also serves as a central location for you to contact other families and update your information for EA. Any address, phone, or e-mail updates made here will be communicated to the appropriate offices on campus. If you prefer to NOT have your e-mail address, street address, or phone number displayed, you can choose to hide these details (see the EDIT options once you log in). The directory is secure; only Elgin Academy parents, faculty, and staff can access it.
If you have questions or wish to be added to/removed from/updated in the directory, please contact Tanya Moore in the Development office at 847.695.0309, ext. 259.